Christmas in Haworth are asking people to support small independent businesses this festive season. There’s no escaping the fact that Christmas 2020 will be unlike any other, but despite a difficult year and restrictions on live events, Christmas in Haworth are still planning to deliver something special for locals and visitors to the village this year. With the rules and restrictions in mind, there are still lots of great attractions planned and no doubt a few more additions between now and Christmas. Plans are constantly evolving and the organising committee will help the residents and business owners of village make the very best of whatever situation December may bring.
ATTRACTIONS FOR 2020 WILL INCLUDE:
- Haworth’s iconic Christmas tree at the bottom of Main Street, with more lights than ever!
- A fine display of beautifully decorated festive shop windows, to delight visitors and locals alike
- The cobbled Main Street full of twinkling lights, from a display on the church steps to almost one hundred Christmas trees all the way down the famous hill. Making the village picture-perfect
- Late night shopping on 10th December, including the Brontë Parsonage Museum shop
- The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway will be running ‘The Elf Express’ every weekend from 28th November to 20th December, with further services running from 21st to 24th December
- The popular Bauble Hunt from last year is back. Keep an eye on social media for details (and some cheeky clues!)
- The independent shops,are an attraction in themselves. Each one completely unique and ideal for picking up Christmas gifts you won’t find anywhere else
- A fantastic selection of cafes, restaurants and pubs to rest and refresh in between visits to the shops.
“2019 was one of the most magical Christmases yet for the village and record numbers of visitors attended events across the four weekends of December. Of course, it’s disappointing to have had to cancel our plans for fundraising and live events this year and to be able to build on the success of last, but we’re confident that Haworth will still feel a very festive and special place to visit.Please come along,enjoy the atmosphere,find some beautiful gifts for your loved ones and show your support for your local small traders. Thanks, everyone”Ian Park from the Christmas in Haworth committee