Follow our blog for ideas and inspiration, you’re never far from a new experience!
Each September thousands of volunteers across the country invite you to experience local history, architecture and culture. All for free. What will you discover in Bradford?!
Buildings of every age, style and function in Bradford & district will fling open their doors to the public, free of charge. Stories are told, traditions explored and histories brought to life.
We’ve picked a selection of places that are taking part in Heritage Open Days 2018 – which will you explore first?
6 – 8 & 13 – 15 September The Cell Block Travelling Exhibition at The Peace Museum
8 – 9 September Saltaire’s Model Farm at Milner Field
8 September Ring Out Those Bells! at Bradford Cathedral
8 – 9 September Medieval Stone Manor Ilkley Manor House
8 September New Geographies of Bradford Bradford Civic Society
9 September Costumed Guided Walk Manningham, Bradford
15 September Bradford Civil War Story Tour at Keighley Library
16 September Bradford Civil War Story Tour at Bolling Hall Museum
This is your chance to see hidden places and try out new experiences. Have a look at the visitBradford website for all that’s happening in Bradford & district.
For events taking place across the country over the Heritage Open Days festival visit www.heritageopendays.org.uk. Experience local history, architecture and culture! Go explore!
Heritage Open Days 2018 will be 6-9 & 13-16 September
- Titus Salt’s Great Grandson to Show Unique Heirlooms at Heritage Open Days
- Not just great beer at the annual Saltaire Beer Festival!
- Ilkley Literature Festival: 240 events – 15 venues – 17 days
- Widescreen Weekend festival at the National Science and Media Museum
- Vintage Sundays presents: Pixar | Visit Bradford
- New Inflatables Theme Park FUNZY coming to Bradford’s Leisure Exchange
- Summer Of Ghibli | Visit Bradford
- Summer Outdoor Theatre – The Tempest
- Women’s Work | Picturehouse Bradford